Spider-Man Birthday Party Ideas

Category Birthday
A popular comic book and movie character theme for a young person's birthday celebration. This guide contains Spider-man birthday party ideas.

Well, if the webslinger is your favorite superhero, then this party is just for you. Here is are some ideas for making this a party that everyone will enjoy, including you. First, decorate where you are having the party with streamers and balloons in red and blue. Decorate your table with red or blue tablecloths. Raid your little one's toy box and get all the Spidermans you can find. Now use these to decorate your gift table.

Make your own Spiderman cake or decorate a plain bakery cake. Bake a 9" round cake. Frost with white frosting. Starting in the center of the cake, make a small circle with tube frosting. Now make a larger one around the first one. Now another one around that. Now starting in the center, make lines coming out from the center. Start by dividing the cake with lines into fourths. Now go from there. When you are done, your cake should look like a spider web. Add a small plastic Spiderman and your cake is done.

Here are some idea's for Spidey games you can play:

Spiderman Target Shoot

You will need: One piece of Poster board
One black marker
One can of silly string for each child at the party

You have a choice here, you can make a black silhouette of a bad guy or just draw a target.

How to play: Tell the children as you line them up and hand them their cans of silly string that you are giving them webs to shoot just like Spiderman. Line children up with their cans of silly string and let them take turns shooting at the target. Let them try 3 times. The one who hits the target the most times can win a ribbon that says "Best Shot". If you have 2 or more kids to hit the target, have a shoot off and keep moving them farther and farther back until you have a winner.

Spiderman Hot Potato

You will need: One red or blue soft ball like a tennis ball

How to play: Have the children sit in a circle and gently toss the ball to each other. Let them toss it until one of the adults says "stop". The child with the ball is out. Have the children tighten up the circle and go again until you are left with one child. Give a small prize for being the fastest.

At party stores, you can buy a Spiderman pinata and fill it with candy and small toys bought at the dollar store. Blindfold each child and let them take a whack at it. The child who finally breaks it open can win a ribbon, being the pinata champion and you can divide the candy and toys between the kids.

You could also do a bug hunt. At the dollar store, you should be able to find a wide variety of big bugs. Hide them around the yard or room like you would an Easter egg hunt. The kid who finds the most could get a small prize or ribbon for being a super sleuth.

Spiderman Birthday Craft

One lunch bag per child
Red and blue markers
Spiderman stickers

Let the kids decorate the bags. They can use these to take home their candy and toys from the pinata.

By Debra from Colorado Springs, CO

My son is turning 3 and wants a spiderman theme for his party. I need some ideas that don't cost a lot. I have printed some coloring sheets but what esle could they do? Is there anywhere I can go to get free printable spiderman birthday invitations and other items? I have a spiderman outfit for him. If you have any suggestions I would like to hear them.

Jenifer from Columbus, GA

Answers

How about decorating the room with spider webs (Clearance right now because of halloween) Red and blue plates and cups, as for a cake and all the trimmings I would go with cupcakes and decorate them with little plastic spiderman. As a party favor the dollar store always has neat spiderman things.Maybe a kite or some kind of ball. As for a game to play if you could get your hands on the nets that go in a corner or on the wall to hold stuffed animals you could have them toss a small ball into the net. Call it the spidey toss. You could type in Spiderman graphics into a search engine and maybe make a concentation type game I would not make it very big. Maybe have the kids dress up as spiderman. I hope some of these ideas will help you.

Spider webs are very easy to draw with fabric paint and would make great party girfts. Check with moms ahead of time as to sizes. Games could be Pin the spiderman in the web, spider toss into a can or bucket. Find the hidden spidermen.Musical spidermen (like hotpotato with a s.m. doll).

We're having a Spiderman party too! I made my own pinata & decorated it with Spiderman's face (very simple). Also plan on having a "Web Walk"... sort of like musical chairs, but I just bought some posterboard at the dollar store & drew webs on it. When the music stops....they have to find a web to stand on! Would love to hear other ideas as the party is not for a few weeks!

What about spider catch the fly - like fishing with magnets - make a web on the floor with wool and fix little cut out flys (number each one underneath) and stick them on small magnet pieces - then make fishing rods with sticks and string and a magnet at the end with small spidermen attached and try catch the fly - fun for kids!!!! Number on the fly matches a prize in the bag!

I have a five year old and he wants a spider man party, I want to do at a park can I get some ideas

My 3 year old is turning four, and he would like me to have a Spider-Man party for him. I will like to get Ideas, Please Help!

Elizabeth

I would think you could change many traditional games to fit your theme. pin the web on spiderman. Hot potato but use a spiderman item. Drop clothes pins in a milk bottle but use plastic spiders. Have an art contest to draw a web with chalk on the sidewalk

If your son really likes spiderman, you could get him a spiderman outfit to wear (he'll love it!). Also lots of places sell spider man party stuff like plates and table covers. Try any party store or toys r us. Silly string would be another great cheap addition. They can spray silly string on eachother like spiddy webs. The kids have pleny of imagination so you don't need to spend a lot.

does anyone know of were i can gopt and print my own spiderman birthday invitations?tiffany

I am planning a party for my 3 year old. I have everything for a Spider Man Theme, But I cannot seem to find Centerpieces for the tables. Any ideas? Please help...

For my son's 4th b-day party we had a spiderman/spongebob party. (He couldn't make up his mind). For the Spider man half I printed out a "Welcome To New York City" sign that hung at the entrance. For very cheap decoration, I purchased black poster board and cut out "skyscrapers" that I taped to the walls to make the NYC skyline. My son and I had fun coloring pictures of Spiderman and his enemies from a coloring book, which we then cut out and hung on the walls so it looked like spidey was webbing his way through the city after a flying "Vulture" and "Doc Oc" and "Green Goblin". I did this the night before the party.

My son wants either a spiderman birthday party or a batman birthday party and cannot decide. I wanted to see if anyone has some ideas for either one and I guess the best one will be the party we go with. Thanks.

I'm looking to print my own spiderman invites too, has anyone responded to your question

I have a 5 year old son that wants a spiderman party, I would like to do it at a park, can I get some ideas?

Yvonne

make spiders out of egg cartons, pipe cleaner, google eyes, glue and black paint too hang around and decorate with. make some cupcakes and decorate with blue and red frosting and some spider webs piped on with black icing. Serve green goblin punch (7up with lime sherbert). make spider mini pizzas using two olives as the head and body of the spider and cut some olives into slivers for the legs. play spider man and the green goblin (or another villane) where one person plays the bad guy and another plays spider man the rest of the kids are on spider mans side. mark out some safe spots and a area for spidermans house. two people can be in spider mans house at once. If spider man is out of his house though the safe spots are not safe for anyone but spiderman. If the bad guy tags you your frozen and if the other players can on freeze you buy going under your legs or spiderman can save you just by touching you. if your tagged three times you become a badguy too. You can simplfy this game for younger kids. You can also play spider race or soccer (like crab soccer or a crab race). you can play spider spider web (duck duck goose). for favors you can get anything themend spider man or spider.

hope that helps ~gloria~

For invitations you could just get a Spiderman picture and print it out for the front of your intitation and then write all the details on the inside. You could even copy and pastea picture into Paint on your computer and add words like "It's Party Time".

What do you give girls in a spider man themed party, since there is no spider woman?

Kim from Brooklyn, NY

Does anybody have any ideas for games and things for an indoor Spiderman birthday party for a 3 year old?

By Corine from Loyalton, CA