Sprinkle Salt on Carpets to Kill Fleas

How to get rid of fleas in your house. The best thing that I found was sprinkling salt in the carpet. You don't see the salt like you do powders. This was so effective, I was amazed. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats that come in and out. The fleas got in the carpet and were biting us all the time.

I started looking for natural ways to get rid of them. In my search, I found out about salt. A box of table salt, so cheap yet so effective. The salt dehydrates the eggs and larva in the carpet. After a day or so you can vacuum. Reapply as needed.

By Kathy from Birmingham, AL

Answers:

Sprinkle Salt on Carpets to Kill Fleas

Have you ever gotten salt in a wound, or had a grain of salt gotten into your eye? Do you remember how badly it burned until you were able to rinse it out? Well think of your pets. You're talking about sprinkling salt on the carpets that they walk on. If a dog has an itch on it's face, how does it scratch it? It uses it's paws. The same paws that have been walking around on your carpets picking up tiny grains of salt! And cats wash themselves, including their faces with their paws.

So please, do not sprinkle salt on your carpets. Sure, it may kill the fleas, but your pets will pay for it! (10/27/2009)

By Cricket