Staple Papers on the Reverse Side

Like most people, I staple papers at the top left corner, text side up. Here is the tip: Turn the pages over (top to bottom) and then staple at the Top-Right corner. Now when you are going through stacks of multipage packets, you will not cut your fingertips on the curved edges of the staple. Using the method above, the back of the pages will have the flat part of the staple for your fingers to touch.

After 20 plus years in accounting firms preparing and collating tax returns, I wondered why my fingers were so cut up at the end of the day. So, one day I just stapled them from the reverse side. Some returns are over 100 pages. I hope this helps. Glad to try to contribute.

By PARKER1981 from Phoenix, AZ