Starting a Wash and Fold Laundry Business

Category Business
A business service that can be in demand is doing other people's laundry. This is a guide about starting a wash and fold laundry business.

I would like to know what one charges for doing other people's laundry. I like to do it and would like to do it for money from my home. Any informatioin would be greatly appreciated.

Pam from Guntersville, AL

Answers

Several years back I did laundry in my home for other people. I figured out how much it cost to run my washer & dryer per load. To do this go on line or ask your utility company for break down on cost of operation . You then have to decide whether you are furnishing washing stuff or they are . After arriving at a total cost,you can then calculate a charge per load & don't forget about your time. Good luck.

At least what the cleaners do.

This I did for a while and made decent money. I used the large laundry bags. They paid $10.00 per bag full. They brought soap or detergent if they chose. Oh boy this was fun. great luck to you

I want to find someone do my laundry for me, if I paid for it. How much is the going rate for coming in and doing the wash? Thanks.

By Normanbosworth

Answers

Not sure what the going rate would be but what I would do is stop at a local laundry mat that offers to wash clothes and find out what they charge. Use that amount as a "high" price.

I do have suggestions on where to find someone to do the laundry though:
Stop by a local school/college and see if there is a job board. You can also try a local church.

Another option is to ask family and friends if they now anyone or have a teen that would be interested.

In a town I used to live in up in Maryland there used to be a radio show where you could call in and sell stuff or ask to buy things. You could also ask for workers to call you. Check your local radio stations to see if they have something similar (even TV stations).

You could also try Craigslist for your area.