Main DishesRecipes

Steak, Vegetables, and Japanese Eggplant

I love to cook, and have a knack for mixing and matching different vegetables and ingredients that are in the house. I have a rather large organic garden so we eat alot of fresh vegetables and salads daily. This recipe is one that I have thrown together that everyone loves. Hope you enjoy this recipe, too.

Prep Time: 25 Minutes

Cook Time: 15 Minutes

Total Time: 40 Minutes

Yield: 5 Servings

1. Clean and cut your radishes into slices. Set them aside in a large salad bowl.
  2. Clean your cucumbers. Slice them down the middle and remove the seeds. Afterwards, slice each half of the cucumber into thin slices and add them to your salad bowl.
  3. Slice your green tomatoes down the middle and remove the steam. Afterwards cut the tomatoes into slices and add them to your salad bowl.
  4. Cut the bell peppers down the middle and remove the seeds. Slice the two halves of the bell pepper into thin slices and add them to your salad bowl.
  5. Slice your Japanese eggplant down the middle. Then slice them into thin slices. In the bowl of water add your salt. Put the cut slices of eggplant in the salt water to sit for 10 minutes.
  6. Dice your onion and add it to your wok.
  7. Clean and dice your garlic and add it to your wok.
  8. Cut your round steak into bite size pieces and add it to your wok.
  9. Dice your Italian basil leaves and add them to your wok.
  10. In a small bowl mix the oyster sauce, ketchup, sugar and water together.
  11. Add the oil to your wok. Cook on high heat until the round steak has browned.
  12. Drain the water off of the Japanese eggplant and add them to your wok. Also add the rest of your vegetables to your wok.
  13. Cook on high heat for 10 minutes until your vegetables are tender.
  14. Add your sauce to the wok and continue to cook for another 5 minutes until the eggplant is tender.
  15. Serve over rice and enjoy. I have also made this recipe with bacon, chicken, and shrimp.
  16. Ad

Wow looks very delicious and healthy. I am not a big fan off eggplant but with all the tasty combination I think I'd like it! Thanks for sharing. =)

You can always leave the eggplant out of this. I too am not a big fan of eggplant, but my boyfriend loves it. That is why I always cook with the eggplant.