Storing Handbags and Purses

Category Clothing
When you need to store hand bags for another season, you may want to stuff them with newspaper or packing material so they keep their shape. This is a guide about storing handbags and purses.

I bought a beautiful leather bag for $2 today. I won't need it until Fall. I used to stuff my bags with newspaper but I get my news from the internet now. I got an old towel and used that. I will store that in an old pillowcase until I need it.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

When you purchase a new purse, usually the first thing you do is toss out the tissue paper and filling. Don't toss it out! It is very useful to keep your purse structured when it comes time to storing it. It will look a lot nicer without all the wrinkles and keeps your bag in good shape! It's also great for re-sale value if you plan on selling your bags in the future.

If you do not like using tissue paper to stuff, you could use old clothes that are washed to keep your bags structured also! If you do not plan on wearing your bags soon, you can purchase a dust cover bag if your bag does not have one already.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I have a lot of pocketbooks and can't figure out how to store all of them in my closet. I dislike clutter and that's what is happening. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

By Lorraine from Bristol, CT

Answers

When you say pocket books, do you mean wallets? If so, get an inexpensive shoe bag from a thrift store or dollar tree and you can fit even the biggest ones in there.

If you mean purses, you can hang them from hangers two ways. One, put the straps over the hook, using two purses for each hanger (double the hanger for heavier ones, using two at once). If you put each purse on the hook on the opposite sides, you can balence things out. Or, you can get some black bulldog clips and loop the strap over the base of the hanger and clip it to itself. You can do that with several smaller bags at once.

Hope that helps.
PBP

Thank you. It's difficult to put them in my closet too. I'll give this a try. I just bought some of those Joy Magnano hangers and am going to start redoing my closet.

It's the bulk that gives me the problem, and yes they are bigger sized pocketbooks.

Have you thought of trying the Miche Bag? Its a handbag that you can purchase and instead of changing all of the contents of your purse to match your outfit, you just change the outside shell.

You can take a look at them here: www.4CustomHandbags.com

I make a chain out of the plain (cheap) shower hooks. Hook the first one over the closet rod and slip the handle of each purse through a shower hook.

All the purses are easily stored and easily accessable.

I store all of my smaller pocketbooks inside my larger bags, and then hang the large ones from hooks we have on the side of the closet. This works well for me.

My advice is slightly different. Get rid of some of them, that's what I did. Man I love love love new purses, but had so many and just no room. So I kept a few I can't get rid of, and gave the rest away to family and friends and freecycle.

You can get stackable see-thru boxes and store the purses in those.

My husband put up some semi-circle cup holder screws on one wall of my bedroom closet to hang purses on. It works great!

What about using one of those over the door shoe organizers to hold them? That way you can easily find the pocketbook you are looking for.