Storing Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap

Homemade liquid laundry soap can be stored in a wide variety of containers from plastic milk jugs to lidded buckets. This is a guide about storing homemade liquid laundry soap.

In what container should I store Liquid Laundry Soap? I'd like to make a nice batch for the very first time, but no one has mentioned how it should be stored, other than "in a bucket". Shouldn't it be in a container with a lid?

Thanks!
Denise from FL

Answers

By Mary White (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I had my family save bottles for me. I fill about 10 at a time. (I give alot away!!) If this is to be your first batch, you may want to consider doing what I do. Trying different reicipes, I found them all to "clump up" to some degree. I now buy the cheapest bottle of store brand liquid detergent and add it to my batch. There is something in it that keeps my homemade detergent very "pourable". One bottle to ten gallons isn't very expensive when you think about it!! Good luck...I think you will be amazed at how well your detergent will clean your clothes.

Best Answer

We dont have a washer and dryer at our house so I store the batch that I make in a milk jug and pour it into our empty detergent bottle to take to the laundry mat

Best Answer

Hi, I use empty gallon milk bottles. They are easier to pour and they store fine.

they make buckets with lids, but i would suggest an ice cream pail, or even an empty detergent bottle.