Storing Shoes

I have limited space in my closet. Is it OK to store my shoes in one large brown cardboard/storage box? I was wondering if the shoes at the bottom of the box would lose their shape from the other shoes being stacked on top of them. Please advise.

By Onesummer

Yes, it will squish them out of shape if they are on top of one another. I never liked shoulder pads in clothes so I would cut them out and stuff them in the toes of shoes to hold the shape. Also I would let them aid dry 24 hours before putting them away. You need to find some way to store them without piling them on top of one another--some sort of shelving, even made out of boxes would help.

I bought this from walmart because,I also have limited space here in my one bedroom. I have this right by my front door because I remove them as I walk in.

You can use one of those over the closet door pocket racks to save space. I wouldn't put them in a box.