Storing Silk Flower Arrangements

I have several flower arrangements that I would like to use again. The problem is they seem to take up so much room in my craft room, how and where to store them so they want get mashed or dusty?

By Andrea from LA

I store my seasonal silk flowers by rubber banding the stems together about halfway up from the bottom, putting a plastic bag of the appropriate size over the flowers, gathering the open end of the bag around the stems and closing with a twist tie, leaving the upper part full of air, like a balloon, to protect the flowers. I have used plastic grocery bags, wastebasket bags, whatever was big enough to make a sufficient balloon over the flowers, with enough to gather around the stems below. I have stored these bouquets standing in unused vases in the spare room, or laid gently in lidded boxes, criss-crossing the bouquets so that no flower head is resting on any other. They always stay clean and uncrushed this way.

where have you found a container long enough?

Do you have unused space under a bed?

Organizing AdviceJanuary 29, 2013
🍂
🎄