Storing Vacuum Cleaner Parts and Carpet Cleaner Hoses

How do you neatly store these items?

By Betty from Lubbock, TX

With mine, I got one of those hooks that goes over the door and that's where the hose goes. For the extension wands, they go in a tall bucket (mine is a tall cat litter bin that I covered with Contact paper). For all the nozzles and such, I have a bin that goes on the shelf in the closet and everything goes in there.

Also, the places on my vacuum that are designed to hold the nozzles and such are a pain in the rear to get things into and out of. So I took an old pillow case and cut it down to fit (I cut some off the bottom then restitched it), then ran a light rope through the top hem and I hang it on the vacuum. I put whatever tools I'll be using that day into the bag. When I'm done using it, the bag goes into the bin in the closet.

You can get wire racks to hold this type of thing, or, in my garage, where I keep my hose for the central vac now that the power head no longer works, and I have a Dyson, I have a large hanger that is originally for hanging up garden hose. Works great.

Organizing MiscellaneousSeptember 2, 2011
🐛
🌻
📓