Strawberry Cheese Pandesal
Pandesal is a popular morning breakfast in the Philippines. It is best paired with black coffee. Pandesal got even more famous for its newly discovered varieties. It used to be plain. Then someone added flavor to it which made it more appealing. The new flavors are ube, strawberry, and chocolate.
Today I'm going to show you the strawberry cheese pandesal.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp strawberry flavoring/coloring syrup.
- 1 Tbsp instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- cheese cubes
- bread crumbs
- Mix all dry ingredients including instant yeast. Combine well.
- Add the eggs and oil.
- Stir and gradually add milk.
- Now add a teaspoon of strawberry flavoring and coloring.
- Continue mixing until dough is formed. You may need to add more flour if too sticky.
- Knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes. Form into a bowl and place in a bowl greased with small amount of oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
- After an hour the dough is doubled. Remove this from the bowl until knead again. Sprinkle kneading table with flour so the dough doesn't stick to it.
- Knead until dough is elastic and doesn't break easily.
- Take a small portion of the dough and flatten in your palm. Place cheese cubes in the center and roll to form a ball.
- Coat this with bread crumbs.
- Arrange in plain sheet with atleast 1 inch distance from each piece.
- Bake at 180 C for 20-30 minutes or until top is slightly browned.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.