Strawberry Pineapple Jam
Vote for this contest contender!
A pound of strawberries were on sale at Sprouts for .99 cents. We bought a bunch and decided to make some homemade jam with just 4 ingredients. This was our first time and it was a success! Tastes delicious and healthier than store bought. Since the strawberries and pineapple are sweet, you don't need a lot of sugar.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 1 large jar
- 2 lb strawberries
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 small lemon
- Wash and cut up strawberries.
- Add sugar and squeeze lemon wedges into your pot. Stir.
- Add thinly diced pineapple pieces and mix.
- Now place your pot over medium low heat. Continue to stir throughout the process until melted.
- Once you achieved the constancy of the jam you like, turn off heat and allow to cool. Then put in jar. It is ready to use or keep refrigerated.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!