Stuffed Peppers and Zucchini
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
October 13, 2020
I started this recipe by cleaning out my vegetable bins that were full of leftover veggies from the farmers market. Before they go bad, I got them all out and decided to chop them up and make my favorite stuffed peppers and stuffed zucchini.
- 3 green peppers, cut in half
- 2 large zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 onion minced
- 1 stalk celery minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb 90% ground beef
- 1 can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 package Spanish rice, make as directed
- 1 8 oz. bag Mexican cheese
- Seasonings; to taste start with a 1/4 tsp, salt, pepper, dried basil, Italian seasoning, cumin.
- Using a large skillet, grill the ground beef until cooked.
- Cut up all veggies, put handfuls at a time into an electric chopper, chop everything fine.
- Add all chopped veggies to the ground beef, stirring well letting this cook. Add seasoning to taste. Salt, pepper, old bay seasoning and any seasoning you would like. I always add 2 heaping Tbsp. sugar. It really enhances the flavor. Let cook on simmer until vegetables cook.
- Add 2 cans tomatoes and stir, bring to a boil. Add the package of Spanish Rice mix. Water and butter, over medium heat, let this simmer until thickens.
- While this is simmering, cut each large green pepper In half and cut the 2 zucchini in half and scoop out the inside of the zucchini (chop up the inside of the zucchini and add to the meat and rice mixture.
- In a large pan, of boiling water and a dash of salt, parboil green pepper halves and zucchini halves for 5 minutes. Remove from the water and place in an spray oiled casserole dish.
- Now it is time to fill the peppers. Using a Tbsp., scoop out a large spoonful of meat mixture and stuff and press mixture into each pepper and zucchini, over filling! Top the full dish with sprinkling grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 45 minutes or until they are golden toasted brown!
- They are done. Enjoy.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.