Black Bean Stuffed Bell Peppers
This recipe is a delicious variation on the typical ground beef stuffed peppers. This is a guide about black bean stuffed bell peppers.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These stuffed bell peppers are vegetarian and so easy to make!
Total Time: 55-65 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 (10 oz.) Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 large green bell peppers,
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add water to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Wash bell peppers, then cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the stems, seeds, and membranes.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Put pepper halves into the boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers from pot and pat dry. Set aside.
- Put onion into a pan with a little oil. Cook until transparent and tender.
NOTE: I had a pepper half that had some soft spots, so after removing those, I diced it up and cooked it with the onion.
- Put cream cheese into a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Add cooked rice, tomatoes, and onions. Then add cumin and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Mix in black beans, then add spinach; stir to combine.
- Stuff each pepper half with filling. Then place pepper halves in baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and peppers are tender.
August 9, 20140 found this helpful
These stuffed bell peppers are delicious, nutritious and simple to make. Check out this video and make some for dinner tonight!
In This Guide