Black Bean Stuffed Bell Peppers
These stuffed bell peppers are vegetarian and so easy to make!
Total Time: 55-65 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 (10 oz.) Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 large green bell peppers,
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add water to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Wash bell peppers, then cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the stems, seeds, and membranes.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Put pepper halves into the boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers from pot and pat dry. Set aside.
- Put onion into a pan with a little oil. Cook until transparent and tender.
NOTE: I had a pepper half that had some soft spots, so after removing those, I diced it up and cooked it with the onion.
- Put cream cheese into a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Add cooked rice, tomatoes, and onions. Then add cumin and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Mix in black beans, then add spinach; stir to combine.
- Stuff each pepper half with filling. Then place pepper halves in baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and peppers are tender.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!