Styrofoam Ball Bunny Statue
Vote for this contest contender!
This bunny statue is a beautiful little statement piece, great for centerpieces or general decoration. It's made of 2 Styrofoam balls and cardboard, held together by hot glue. Paint it however you please. I chose metallic paint so it really pops!
Total Time: 20 minutes plus dry time
- 2 Styrofoam balls
- X-Acto knife
- hot glue gun
- acrylic paint
- To make the bunny ears, cut out 2 identical rectangles from the cardboard.
- Cut the top edges off the rectangles to shape into ears.
- Use the X-Acto knife to make 2 cuts into one of the Styrofoam ball. Each cut should match the width of a bunny ear base.
- Stick the ears into the slots.
- Cut out a small circle of cardboard to act as the base of the bunny to keep it standing up.
- Heat up your hot glue gun and glue the head to the body.
- Then glue the body to the circular cardboard base. Adjust it quickly before the hot glue sets so the bunny stands up straight.
- Paint the bunny all over. Let dry, then give it another coat.
- Allow to dry completely.
- Enjoy your little bunny inside or outside!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!