Substitutions for Tomatoes and Garlic in Recipes?

My wife can no longer eat tomatoes or garlic due to health reasons, and we really love our pasta and spaghetti. What are good replacements for these in spaghetti sauces and for ketchup?

Best Answer

I had to give up tomatoes when I was having gall bladder issues. I would toss broccoli and a little butter (very little) into pasta. Mushrooms also were good in pasta--do a light saute in a very little olive oil and toss with pasta. If she can tolerate cheese a little parm cheese adds flavor. Duck sauce and plum sauce from the ethnic aisle at the store are good in many places where I used to use ketchup. Sending up healing prayers!

Best Answer

My grandchildren won't eat tomato sauce of any kind. I normally have to make a pesto sauce and when I do this I use some chicken bouillon to make the pesto thinner.

I have also made a white cream sauce that works well for pasta. You can even make a cheese sauce to go over the top of pasta.

Best Answer

Sauce Alternatives

"Drizzle cooked pasta with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh oregano and basil. This meal is high in heart-healthy unsaturated fat. Roast a variety of vegetables, such as zucchini, onions, carrots and broccoli, and toss with cooked pasta as an alternative to pureed tomato sauces. Combine cooked pasta with low-fat ricotta or cottage cheese and fresh vegetables, such as sauteed asparagus, as another healthy alternative to traditional pasta sauce recipes."

Very good recipes that I use just because I am not a fan of traditional tomato sauce dishes.

www.brit.co/.../

Butter is delicious on pasta. You can also sauté mushrooms and onions in olive oil.

Anonymous

You might want to try this recipe leaving out the garlic. www.allrecipes.com/.../

White sauce, or pesto without garlic!

Food and Recipes Recipes SaucesDecember 28, 2019
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
Generated 2020-08-16 12:32:34 in 583 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Substitutions-for-Tomatoes-and-Garlic-in-Recipes.html