Seedless Substitute for Tomatoes in Recipes

Category Substitutions
Bowls of tomato sauce, tomato sauce, and tomato puree' laying on top of fresh whole tomatoes and peppers on a white backgound
If you have a medical condition that prevents you from eating seeds, substitutions and alternative foods are a part of your daily eating habits. This is a guide about seedless substitutes for tomatoes in recipes.

My mom has a condition that doesn't allow her to eat anything that is a nut or has a seed. She loves tomatoes. I want to make dishes that she can eat. Can I use something like a tomato sauce instead safely for her? And may I please have other recommendations from readers?

By Amy S

Best Answer

One of my relatives has the same condition and was told not to eat any seeds, unless the seeds are removed first. For example you can eat tomatoes if you slice them and and wash off all the seeds under the faucet, for strawberries: peel them off. Sounds like a lot of trouble, but at least it can be done without any need to abstain completely.