PlantersGarden & Yard

Succulent Planters

If you have a succulent garden, you know they are easy to grow (can even be grown from cuttings), require minimal attention and beautiful. Succulents make great gifts, adds a nice little green touch for in the home or office, desk.

I love making succulent planters as gifts because they're low cost, thoughtful and handmade. Mini planters like these go for $5 to $8, but you can make them for less than $1*.

However the breakdown cost will vary* depending on what you already have on hand. The only cost item I had to purchase were the planters.

I was able to score these small mason jars from Michaels for .57 cents, originally $2 (https://www.michaels.com/heritage-small-mason-jar-by-ashland/10485234.html#q=Heritage+mason+jars&start=1) and the other tin baskets are what I had saved from Target clearance sales for about .10 cents to .30 cents each.
- The soil and perlite I had at home already.
- The succulents are cuttings from my garden.
- I used ribbon I already had at home.

1. In a bucket, mix some soil and perlite together. The perlite is added to help drainage so that it doesn't retain water. Succulents do not like to be soil that is too wet, so you want the soil to drain well after watering and dry easily.
  2. Put soil/perlite combination into your choice of planter (jar, pot, tin, etc.)
  3. Fill your planter with a mixture of succulent cuttings.
  4. For finishing touches, add ribbon of your choice and tie however you would like.
  5. Now your succulent planters are ready to be gifted.

Crafts Garden & Yard PlantersJanuary 18, 2019
🎂
🎃
🌻