Summer Melon Recipes
Honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon, or muskmelon can create many kinds of refreshing warm weather treats and salads. This guide contains summer melon recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
June 29, 20118 found this helpful
I've seen oodles of assorted recipes for cucumber and watermelon salads online, but here's what I came up with. The combinations of ingredients sound strange, but they are a wonderful blend of flavors.
- 3 cups watermelon cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup cucumbers cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. crushed garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon, and garlic in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss watermelon, cucumbers, feta, and cilantro in a serving bowl, drizzle with the dressing, toss again, and serve.
September 11, 20121 found this helpful
I highly recommend Tuscan cantaloupes if they are available to you because they are deliciously more flavorful and sweet than the average cantaloupe. It's also best to use bamboo skewers (soaked in water for about ten minutes) rather than metal skewers because metal skewers tend to overcook the inside of the cantaloupe cubes.
- 1 ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut into at least 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup clover honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Thread the cantaloupe cubes onto skewers.
- Heat honey and butter in a small saucepan until butter is melted and both are thoroughly mixed.
- Place skewers on the grill and lightly brush top side of the cubes with the honey butter.
- Grill for about 1 minute, turn, lightly brush top side with honey butter again and repeat until all four sides have been grilled.
- Serve over ice cream with remaining sauce.
By Ann from Richland, WA
This is so fresh and yummy tasting! Very refreshing salad.
- 2 cups watermelon balls
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 2 cups honeydew melon balls
- 2 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- maraschino cherries, for garnish
- 1 can chunk pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chutney, minced
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half and half or pineapple juice
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
Line a large salad bowl with lettuce and mix melons, grapes, and pineapple in bowl. Save cherries for garnish. Combine all dressing ingredients and let stand for an hour or so to blend flavors. Chill salad and dressing. Garnish with cherries and serve salad with dressing on the side.
Prep Time: 25-30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0 Minutes
By Robin from Washington, IA
July 16, 20180 found this helpful
This is a guide about honeydew smoothie. This super simple smoothie recipe combines honeydew melon and yogurt to make a refreshing treat. It's perfect for a hot summer day or a quick breakfast.
April 21, 20130 found this helpful
This page contains watermelon daiquiri recipes. Making your own drink mixes can be delicious and save you money.
February 10, 20130 found this helpful
This page contains watermelon salsa recipes. For a deliciously different sauce, use watermelon in place of tomatoes.
July 21, 20040 found this helpful
When slicing up melon use a melon baller, teaspoon or small ice cream scoop to scoop out bite sized pieces. You get nice, round, bite sized pieces.Read More...