Summer Sausage Crisps

Category Appetizers
This guide is about making summer sausage crisps. These crispy slices of sausage can be flavored in numerous ways. They are perfect for serving with dip, as a chip alternative.

These are great to dollop with your favorite cheese topping or for dipping. Some tasty seasoning ideas for these crisps are cayenne powder, garlic powder, lemon pepper, onion powder, or just about any seasoning mix such as Creole, Greek, or Italian.

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lay the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, evenly sprinkle with seasoning and bake for about 8 minutes.

Remove from the oven and press the chips with cloth or paper towels to soak up any grease, return to oven and continue to bake until the slices are very crispy, about 2 to 6 minutes, cool and place in an airtight container for up to two days.

By Ann from Richland, WA

Top Comment

I have been making these for a long time. I like to bake them on a couple of layers of paper towel and press a paper towel on them once they turn dark to get the top grease off the top. I call them meat chips. I like to flavor some sour cream to dip those chips in instead of adding flavor to the Summer sausage.

It works well with any hard sausage. I have made it with Pepperoni and salsa dip. If you don't want to use sour cream just take some cottage cheese and make it smooth in a food processor or a blender. If it is not sour enough for you add a few drops of lemon juice.

Sounds delish! Your recipes usually do :) I'll have to try a few when my hubby and I move... Also wanted to thank you for the nice comment on my tip - I bet you got really creative with only one burner and a coffee pot! It always makes us stronger, though, and I completely agree with your opinion that people should open up and let others know. It can be tough, but how do we expect ppl to come to us if we are too proud to go to them?

Anyway, hope life is great for you, Deeli! Keep up with the awesome recipes, makin' my mouth water! God bless!