Sunday Dinner Chicken Pie
Not only delicious, this pie is presentable for company or Sunday dinner.
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 1.5 Hours
Yield: 1 large pie
- 1 bag Honey Bear Soup Mix vegetables (Note: This usually contains about 4 red potatoes, 2 small turnips, 2 small onions, two celery heart stalks and 2 carrots.)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 boneless skinless chicken thigh
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp fat or butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 box of 2 rolled refrigerated pie crusts
- Cut up veggies and boil. Meanwhile, cut fat and gristle off chicken. Cube the meat.
- When veggies are almost done, add chicken to boil for a few minutes. You want the chicken to be done but not overdone. Drain cooked chicken and veggies well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a saucepan, melt fat and add flour and broth. Turn up to a boil, then turn down to a rapid simmer. Stir occasionally. Add some Italian seasoning if you'd like.
- When this makes a gravy, pour over drained veggies and chicken. Stir.
- Lay down bottom crust in a 9 or 10 inch pie pan. Add the filling.
- Lay the top crust on and crimp. You might need to cut away some excess. Cut a few steam slits in the top.
- Bake until browned and bubbling through slits, about 45 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!