Sunday Dinner Chicken Pie
Make this delicious chicken pot pie for your family or Sunday dinner guests. This is a guide about Sunday dinner chicken pie
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Not only delicious, this pie is presentable for company or Sunday dinner.
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 1.5 Hours
Yield: 1 large pie
- 1 bag Honey Bear Soup Mix vegetables (Note: This usually contains about 4 red potatoes, 2 small turnips, 2 small onions, two celery heart stalks and 2 carrots.)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 boneless skinless chicken thigh
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp fat or butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 box of 2 rolled refrigerated pie crusts
- Cut up veggies and boil. Meanwhile, cut fat and gristle off chicken. Cube the meat.
- When veggies are almost done, add chicken to boil for a few minutes. You want the chicken to be done but not overdone. Drain cooked chicken and veggies well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a saucepan, melt fat and add flour and broth. Turn up to a boil, then turn down to a rapid simmer. Stir occasionally. Add some Italian seasoning if you'd like.
- When this makes a gravy, pour over drained veggies and chicken. Stir.
- Lay down bottom crust in a 9 or 10 inch pie pan. Add the filling.
- Lay the top crust on and crimp. You might need to cut away some excess. Cut a few steam slits in the top.
- Bake until browned and bubbling through slits, about 45 minutes.