Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie
July 6, 2021
Chicken pot pie is one of our favorites and even though it is gluten free, the family devours it with me and they enjoy it as well as I do. It is also good left over and heated for another meal.
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Link: Gluten Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- Pie Filling
- 3 lb chicken, cooked, deboned and pulled apart (save the broth)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 can carrots, 15 oz size (drained)
- 1 cup frozen tiny green peas (slightly cooked and drained)
- 1 3/4 cup gluten Free Cream of chicken soup (see my gluten free recipe.)
- 1 cup Betty Crocker Gluten Free Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix
- 1 tsp baking powder (not pictured)
- 1 cup milk (not pictured)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Prepare the gluten free cream of chicken soup and set aside. Follow the link for my recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chicken in bottom of 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Pour 1/4 cup melted butter over the chicken.
- Mix chicken broth with cream of chicken soup.
- Stir peas and carrots into the soup mixture.
- Pour over the chicken
- For the crust prepare the following ingredients and immediately pour over chicken mixture.
- Mix 1 cup Bisquick and 1 tsp. baking powder together
- In a separate bowl, whisk 1 egg and 1 cup milk together
- Stir in the 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Add the bisquick with baking powder. Stir well.
- Pour over the chicken mixture in baking pan.
- Bake 40-50 minutes at 400 degrees F until browned.
- Let it cool approximately 15 minutes before serving.
Published by ThriftyFun. Desktop Page | View Mobile
Generated 2022-10-25 19:54:47 in 3 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.