Making Leftover Soup Chicken Pot Pie

Category Pies
This delicious two crust pot pie started with homemade chicken soup. Thicken the soup with milk and cornstarch. Add additional veggies, such as peas if desired. The thicken soup is then baked in the crust topped shell for a new main dish.

I recently had a pretty bad flu. Along with that came a lot of homemade soup. It was comforting when I needed it, but I grew tired of it as I got better. I decided to turn the leftovers into a hearty chicken pot pie. It hit the spot in this cold weather!

You can use store bought pie crusts, I made my own.

Total Time: 45 minutes

Yield: 6 servings

• Pie Crust
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup cold butter
  • 4 Tbsp cold water
  • Pie Filling
  • 2 cups chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup green peas
  • 3 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup milk

1. If you are making your own pie crusts, start hours before you plan on baking the pot pie. Combine flour and salt in bowl. Cut in butter with a fork until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in enough cold water with fork just until flour is moistened.
  2. Advertisement

3. Divide dough in half and shape each into balls. Wrap each ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool and ready to use. Unwrap one ball and press into pie pan. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
  4. Pour soup into a pot and bring to a gentle boil. Add peas. In a small bowl, whisk milk and cornstarch together. Pour into soup over medium heat. Stir until thickened.
  5. Gently pour the thickened soup mixture into the bottom pie crust.
  6. Flatten out second ball of dough and cover the soup mixture. Seal edges. Make small slits in the top crust to allow steam to rise out.
  7. Advertisement

8. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts PiesJanuary 31, 2020
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-02-01 22:06:20 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️