Sunset Mountain Painting
Well here we are, all stuck at home with two different pandemics going around. One, the most serous is of course covid-19, and the other is boredom! We can all agree we've caught ourselves more than once in the months we've been at home sitting on the couch and just thinking of what we can do rather then actually doing it lol!
October 22, 2020
Well here we are, all stuck at home with two different pandemics going around. One, the most serous is of course covid-19, and the other is boredom! We can all agree we've caught ourselves more than once in the months we've been at home sitting on the couch and just thinking of what we can do rather then actually doing it lol! But hey everyone needs a little push sometimes, so if your looking for one this is it!
Painting can be a good way to pass time so here's an idea you can try;) Turn some music on, light some candles, and get ready. Enjoy!
Total Time: 1-2 hrs ( depends on the person I usually go slow)
- yellow paint
- light orange paint
- medium orange paint
- red paint and black paint (forgot to add!)
- 1 canvas (or whatever you have on hand I just used a piece of wood)
- 1 big paint brush
- 1 small paint brush (for detailing)
- a bowl of water
- a cloth or paper towel (something you can get dirty)
- Alright before you get started, put something under your canvas or whatever your painting on to prevent getting paint everywhere.
- Now start with yellow and put a dab or splotch on your canvas then repeat with light orange, medium orange, then red. Remember to do separate-ish lol lines while working your way up not down, look at picture for reference;)
- Next with the big brush start slowly spreading the paint blobs out and blend as you start to move up. Doing streaks both up and down and side to side should blend easily.
- Now just do touch up adding more paint if needed, like the picture.
- Now take yellow again and just dab on the top of the paint bottle and then just do slight highlights where you see the color divides.
- Now with the small brush take the medium orange and follow the picture as you draw the mountains. You're going to want to outline and then fill in. This makes it easier and quicker.
- Next take the red and do the same thing, just remember to follow the picture. It is super important that you start from the sides and then work your way to the middle when drawing the mountain outlines.
- Now do black and follow the picture.
- Okay last but not least do the birds using the small paint brush, just follow the picture again!! :)
- Alright your done, hope you had fun;)
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.