Child SupportLegal

Support for Children of Mentally Ill Parent

Category Child Support

My kids' father has a mental illness and he can't provide for them. Can they receive any kind of help like SSI or something?

By Kim from Miami, FL


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

April 30, 20130 found this helpful

Isn't the father on some kind of disability? If he is the kids should be getting part of that. Finding out if he is on disability is your first step, and then go to the office of child support enforcement and talk them. Then go the Social Security Office and ask about SSI. Also you could go to you local department of social services and apply for Tanf. That stands for Temporary Assistance For Needy Families.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportApril 29, 2013
St. Patrick's Ideas!
Valentine's Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/01/03 19:25:03 in 845 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!