Sweet Birthday Wishes Envelope Card
It's my cousin's 16th birthday so I thought this decorated envelope card would be well suited for her. On the back envelope flap, I wrote my message to her and inside the envelope I gave her money as her gift (she's a teen and wants to save up for a laptop.)
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 card
- kraft paper
- magazine clippings
- white cardstock paper
- glue stick
- fine tip Sharpie (or black pen)
- cotton balls
- Figure out how many ice cream cones you would like on your envelope card. Then, cut out your triangular shapes from your kraft paper to resemble ice cream cones.
- Using a ruler or straight edge (I used a card I no longer need) make a criss cross pattern with a fine black permanent marker. Repeat process on all your ice cream cones.
- Flip through a magazine and find a theme/pattern/color/print you would like to use to decorate the envelop. Remove the page from the magazine and glue it onto your envelope. Cut off remaining magazine excess.
- Ready to glue on the ice cream cones.
- Glue down cotton balls (to resemble scoops of ice cream)
- On white cardstock, you can write your birthday greeting. I wrote "sweet birthday wishes". Then using scissors cut a triangular piece out on both sides to create the banner. Then glue the birthday greeting banner onto the envelope!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!