Making a "Time to Celebrate" Birthday Card
Send your best birthday wishes with this beautiful handmade card. This is a guide about making a "Time to Celebrate" birthday card
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use clear stamp images and phrases, and a stamped image of lavender to bring a birthday smile to a friend or a colleague. Add some bling with diamond stickers, a touch of color and a phrase that says "It's time to celebrate!" The cute little worms on the card will cause a smile or two, making the recipient feel very special.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- 8.2 x 9.6 in light purple marbled cardstock
- A4 sheet of ordinary white printer paper
- Jablo's clear stamp images: small bird; small worm; border pattern; the phrase "it's time.."
- clear acrylic block
- pigment stamp pads in the following colors: black, leaf green; light purple and dark purple
- Upikit decorative
- black self-adhesive bud silk stationery lace sticker
- light purple gingham ribbon
- colored felt-tip pens: brown; purple; pink; yellow and green
- pair of standard scissors
- pattern edged scissors with seagull pattern
- quick drying glue
- Score the light purple marbled cardstock so that the front of the card will be 4.4" wide, and the back of the card 5.2".
- With the fold at the left, use the pattern edged scissors to create a border on the right.
- Glue a strip of black self-adhesive lace sticker to the left of the card, and to the inside of the card (just to the left of patterned border), and cut off any protruding edges.
- Glue a strip of gingham ribbon to the top and bottom of the front of the card, and cut off any protruding edges.
- Cut a piece sized 3.6" x 7.4" from the printer sheet.
- Use the stamp pads to apply an even layer of ink onto the Jablo stamp ~ use green ink on the stem and leaves, and purple ink on the flower itself. Transfer the image onto the piece cut from the printer sheet.
- Press the clear stamp border pattern onto the acrylic block and cover it with the black ink.
- Transfer the image onto the first corner of the piece cut from the printer sheet.
- Repeat steps 7-8 with the other 3 corners.
- Print the phrase "a little birdie told me" in light purple and the worm in black at the top of the card.
- Print the bird in purple, and the little worm and the phrase "it's time to celebrate!" in black at the bottom of the card.
- Glue the decorated piece of printer paper to the front of the card.
- Frame the printer paper with the diamond bling stickers.
- Use the colored felt-tip pens to add some color to the worms and bird. Also add some shadows to the lavender: use purple on the stem and leaves, and green on the flower.
In This Guide