Candle Birthday Card
Using decorative tape, you can easily make this cute birthday card. This is a guide about how to make a candle birthday card.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A quick last minute birthday card can easily be achieved with any old magazine or catalog, some twine, glue or tape, and stickers!
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 1 card
- cardstock paper/card 8.5" x 5.5"
- Browse a magazine or catalog and clip a page that has a nice pattern or print.
- Cut and salvage pieces of the catalog. Then you only need a square about 2.5" x 2.5" to create the paper candle.
- Cut a piece of twine as the candle string effect. Flip the square pieces (pattern side down) and tape the twine to the back side.
- Using a skewer or thin pen/pencil, roll the paper up to form the candle. Repeat until you have enough candles. This card is for my friend who turned 30, but with just "3" candles.
- Secure rolled candles with tape and tape the candles together.
- Finishing touches include adding stickers and writing any message you would like. I wrote "Make a Wish" and inside I wrote my card to my friend. You can decorate your card however you would like. Tape the candles to the front of the card above your message.
No-one would fail to be impressed by this hand made birthday card. It is surprisingly easy to make using fancy sticking tape for the candles.