"Make a Wish" Candle Birthday Card

Vote for this contest contender!

A quick last minute birthday card can easily be achieved with any old magazine or catalog, some twine, glue or tape, and stickers!

Total Time: 15-20 minutes

Yield: 1 card

1. Browse a magazine or catalog and clip a page that has a nice pattern or print.
  2. Cut and salvage pieces of the catalog. Then you only need a square about 2.5" x 2.5" to create the paper candle.
  3. Cut a piece of twine as the candle string effect. Flip the square pieces (pattern side down) and tape the twine to the back side.
  4. Using a skewer or thin pen/pencil, roll the paper up to form the candle. Repeat until you have enough candles. This card is for my friend who turned 30, but with just "3" candles.
  5. Secure rolled candles with tape and tape the candles together.
  6. Finishing touches include adding stickers and writing any message you would like. I wrote "Make a Wish" and inside I wrote my card to my friend. You can decorate your card however you would like. Tape the candles to the front of the card above your message.

Super cute, Michelle!