Sweet Potato Corn Muffins
Vote for this contest contender!
This is a healthy, high-fiber, low-sugar muffin. I substituted Truvia blend for the sugar.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 35-40 minutes
Source: Prevention magazine
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup hot, cooked, mashed sweet potato (1 large)
- 3 Tbsp margarine (I used butter)
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease or line muffin tins.
- Whisk together the cornmeal, oatmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mix the sweet potato and margarine until the margarine melts. Stir in the milk, applesauce and egg.
- Gradually stir the wet mixture into the cornmeal mixture. Do not overmix.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the tins. Bake 25-30 minutes. It is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!