Sweet Potato Shrimp Cakes
This is a really delicious fried sweet potato and shrimp cake. They're perfect for party appetizer or you can eat them with lettuce and fresh greens.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 20 cakes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 lb shrimp
- 2 stems green onions
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- 1 package fried shrimp cake flour
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 turmeric
- Prep shrimp, wash and cut in half (if you're using large shrimp like I am). Dash salt and pepper and set aside.
- Shred 2 sweet potatoes and dice green onions, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, pour the entire Fried Shrimp Cake Flour (can be located at your Asian Market). Follow the instructions since each brand varies. Then add, all your shredded sweet potatoes in and mix throughly. Add fish sauce, turmeric powder, and the diced green onions.
- In a frying pan, over high heat - add vegetable oil. Now using a large spoon - scoop the mixture on the pan then add your shrimp on top. Fry each side 5 minutes. Repeat until you finish cooking all your cakes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!