Symptoms Of Stroke

Category First Aid
Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify, and the lack of awareness can spell disaster. This guide is about symptoms of a stroke.

Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke. Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out their tongue. If the tongue is 'crooked' (if it goes to one side or the other), that is also an indication of a stroke.

If he or she has trouble with any one of these tasks, call 911 immediately! and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

By Jan from Cincinnati OH

Editors Note: For more information on strokes and symptoms go to:

By Angela (Guest Post)

Great tips, you never know when you could be in a situation to help someone. Thanks for the info

guest client

Depending on the stroke you have that is true. But I had a stroke almost a month ago which is a spinal stroke and the questions asked there would not apply. I was temporarily paralyzed from just below my chest down. I still have some paralysis from it. But thank God I am still alive. So there are diffferent kinds of strokes. I was told what happened to me is very very rare. Considering I am only 36.

But would like others to know that they do happen.

This is great information for people of all ages, as strokes not only occur in the elderly. The key is being aware and acting fast. Thanks for the information