Tabouli is a bulgar wheat salad that is typically made and then served cold, often the next day allowing the wheat to absorb the flavors of the additions. It is noted for the used of mint along with other seasonings and olive oil. This page contains a tabouli recipe.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Tabouli is a chilled grain and vegetable salad seasoned with fresh parsley. It tastes great any time, but is best when the flavors meld the day after it's made.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 servings
Source: A Bright Idea Book: Grains--Bright Eye Farm (out of print)
- 1 cup bulghur (cracked wheat)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Boil 2 cups of water and set aside. Add the bulghur and soak, covered, for 1 hour. Drain as dry as possible, because the vegetables, juice, and olive oil will add moisture to the mix.
- Add all the ingredients together and mix well. Transfer to a airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
- Here is a picture of the original recipe!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.