BarsCookies

Tangerine Lime Bars

There are two reasons why I've made these scrumptious tangerine lime bars. First off, I love tangerine and lime flavours so much, I think they need to be stars of more foods. Secondly, my tangerine and lime trees really outdid my lemon tree this year, so when I went to pick fruit in my garden, this was the best idea for a sweet treat! This a very simplified recipe, so there is no egg separating or tempering necessary. The flavours aren't as tart as lemon bars, they're well rounded and velvety. I hope you give these a try. :)

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 14-18 bars

1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9x13 inch pan. Whisk together the 2 cups flour and powdered sugar in a bowl.
  2. Melt the butter and pour it into the flour sugar mix, stir until it turns into a dough.
  3. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake in oven for 15 minutes, until browned.
  4. In a bowl, squeeze the juice of the tangerines and lime. Add the zest of the lime and 2 of the tangerines.
  5. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add the sugar.
  6. Add the tangerine and lime juices and zest to the egg mixture.
  7. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together.
  8. Stir into egg mixture.
  9. Pour over baked, cooled crust.
  10. If you have one, press a brownie divider into the pan, then bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until bars are set.
  11. Allow to cool, then sprinkle tops with powdered sugar.
  12. Serve, or place the bars in an airtight container using parchment paper between stacks. They keep well for about 3 days.

There seems to be something wrong with the way the recipe is printed. The ingredient list doesnt show the flour,baking powder,sugar for the tangerine/lime mixture-only for the crust. Could this be a problem with my iPad (its acting a bit wonky lately) or did any one else notice this?

You are right! For the citrus filling, the ingredient list is missing:

1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Thanks, Marianne!

I've updated the original recipe. :)

Thanks a million, Jess! :)