Tennis Racket Weaving
An old tennis racket can become a work of art by weaving yarn through the netting. It could be used to display your pride of your team or family member.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is a way to turn old tennis rackets into art displays.
Total Time: 1 hr
- 1 tennis racket
- yarn - at least two colors
- Place the racket flat and visualise what image and yarn colors you will want. I chose a letter.
- Cut the yarn long enough so you can tie knots on the ends in the back.
- I used four threads of yarn per insert. You can decide the thickness depending on your yarn and racket. I started on one end. Simply go over and under until you reach the other end.
- Weave the other side as well as the top and bottom.
- Complete the letter with a different color and fill in the remaining area. Flip the racket over and it will have all the loose yarn. Tie knots then trim the ends with the scissors.
- Flip over, hang and enjoy ! :)