social

Thread Looping on Underneath Side of Fabric?

I have a Kenmore 100 stitches sewing machine that was given to me after the service tech did not resolve the problem. When doing straight stitching the top thread loops on the bottom. It sounds like tension. Even with the tension on nine and the pressure foot down (I can't even pull the thread) it still it loops on the bottom.

Advertisement

I traced the top thread travel in the bobbin case and cannot find any obstruction. I am guessing it has to do with the take up on top. The tension spring "seems" to be okay. Also the bobbin tension is okay. I do not believe this has anything to do with top or bobbin tension, but with some kind of take up on the top.

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 282 Feedbacks
April 17, 20161 found this helpful

If the service tech couldn't resolve the problem, he/she was either not a qualified Kenmore tech (they're all factory trained on just about every model Kenmore ever made), or the machine is beyond hope (doubtful, it's a Kenmore!).

Advertisement

Have you tried using dental floss (unwaxed, non-flavoured) sprayed with 70% isopropyl alcohol to 'floss' the tension discs if the tension knob is on the exterior of the machine - if the tension knob is not located on the exterior of the machine, you can 'floss' the upper thread path, just use a very long piece of floss.

Any road, flossing your machine tension discs or upper thread path should remove even the tiniest piece of thread fluff that is likely the source of your problem.

The only other thing I can think of just now would be timing - the tech should have spotted a timing problem, though.

If flossing doesn't resolve your issue, you may want to give up on this machine. Or find a genuine Kenmore factory trained repair tech.

Reply Was this helpful? 1
April 19, 20160 found this helpful

Thank you for your suggestions.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Categories
Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesApril 14, 2016
Pages
More
🎉
New Years Ideas!
🎄
Christmas Ideas!
Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube
Instagram
Contests!
Newsletters
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Categories
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2022-12-03 08:10:37 in 2 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Thread-Looping-on-Underneath-Side-of-Fabric.html