Thrift Store Garden Chair Planter

While on a thrift store trip, I came upon this lovely metal chair that has the most awesome scroll work and curves! This powder room chair would make a great outdoor accessory for my garden. I love bringing the indoors out.

Total Time: 2 hours

Yield: 1

1. First the seat was removed from chair (only 4 screws).
  2. Wipe done for painting.
  3. I used spray paint. I choose an indoor/outdoor paint that is also a primer, (this will hold up to the outside elements).
  4. I had a 14 inch hanging basket on hand that worked perfectly for this project. The seat rods were removed from the seat and the basket was placed in the center.
  5. Advertisement

6. I added zip ties looped around the frame and basket to make it more secure (optional).
  7. To cut back on the amount of soil needed, I used recycled water bottles cut in half and placed in the bottom of the basket.
  8. Plants were placed inside the basket and watered.

Crafts Garden & Yard PlantersJuly 27, 2017
🌻
📓
🐛
😎
😷
Generated 2020-07-26 08:52:57 in 955 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Thrift-Store-Garden-Chair-Planter.html