Thrift Store Garden Chair Planter
While on a thrift store trip, I came upon this lovely metal chair that has the most awesome scroll work and curves! This powder room chair would make a great outdoor accessory for my garden. I love bringing the indoors out.
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1 metal chair
- hanging basket
- zip ties
- spray paint
- garden soil
- First the seat was removed from chair (only 4 screws).
- Wipe done for painting.
- I used spray paint. I choose an indoor/outdoor paint that is also a primer, (this will hold up to the outside elements).
- I had a 14 inch hanging basket on hand that worked perfectly for this project. The seat rods were removed from the seat and the basket was placed in the center.
- I added zip ties looped around the frame and basket to make it more secure (optional).
- To cut back on the amount of soil needed, I used recycled water bottles cut in half and placed in the bottom of the basket.
- Plants were placed inside the basket and watered.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.