Re-Cycle Planter

Category Planters
Thrift stores such as Goodwill are an excellent source for finding metal objects that can be re-used to make a creative planter. Here is a project that explains how this imaginative tricycle planter was pieced together.

Because I have an old wagon in my yard with potted plants in it, and I saw a bicycle planter at Big Lots, I decided it would be fun to make my own bicycle or tricycle planter. My project ended up being a "recycle" planter because I recycled metal odds and ends I had purchased at three different local Goodwill stores and put the parts together to create a decorative planter for my back yard.

Cost of Project: $20

Total Time: 2 hours

Yield: 1

• wire
  • rip ties
  • spray paint for pots
  • spray paint for planter
  • miscellaneous metal pieces
  • wire cutters
  • pliers

1. Purchase miscellaneous metal pieces to use for designing the tricycle: wheels, seat, bike baskets, handlebars, and sides.
  2. Advertisement

3. Remove any unnecessary parts using wire cutters, pliers, or saw. For this project, the hinges were removed, the beads and horse decor were removed, and part of one of the sides of the tricycle "frame" was removed.
  4. Design the tricycle and attach zip ties to hold parts together temporarily and then use wire to hold parts together.
  5. Spray paint with hammered bronze paint or a color of your choosing.
  6. Advertisement

7. Put potted plants in the baskets and enjoy!

Crafts Garden & Yard PlantersMay 19, 2020
🌻
🎆
👔
😎
😷
🐛

Generated 2020-05-20 22:10:30 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️