Tips for Burning Extra Calories

Category Weight Loss
Woman Burning Calories
You don't necessarily have to join a gym or establish a rigorous exercise routine to burn extra calories. There are many easy ways to burn off calories with simple activities each day. This is a guide about tips for burning extra calories.

To burn off some extra calories, just play some fun dance music while you cook or clean. Tango over to the pantry, salsa over to the oven, quick step over to the sink! Have fun while cooking and doing cardiovascular exercise. Bonus entertainment for the kids!

By Stephanie from Delray Beach, FL

HealthStatus.com has a Calories Burned Estimator. Burning 500 extra calories a day will help keep you in shape during the winter months. You enter your weight into their site and choose an activity and put the amount of minutes into the box and it adds up the daily amount of calories you burn. Make sure you feel good at all times, winter tends to make me feel more like sitting. With this chart, I can make sure I am actually doing fun things to brighten my attitude, and it helps me stay with that good feeling of activity.

My favorite calorie burning activities are:

The totals of these add up to about 500 or more which is the goal for my everyday exercise quotient. It helps me not get seasonal depression or lack of exercise problems with arthritis. Sometimes I will time commercials and do certain exercises during them so I know the time. You can vary the chart above for different days or use the same ones.

Eventually, when you get really good and start losing weight you will want to add more of the exercises then 500 because your body will be burning calories more efficiently. When you don't feel tired anymore and have lots of energy increase the calories your burn by about 50.

Most of the exercise diet sites cost money now so this is a good free site to use.

I didn't like paying 100 dollars to go to the health club and then not being able to go because the baby didn't like the nursery... lol!

By Racer

My question is about rope jumping. I once read that if 120 jumps are done in a minute one can burn as much calories as one burns in a 1 mile run in 6 minutes And not just that it was also mentioned that it equals to a 12 minutes consecutive swim. Is that true?

By Fathan from Pakistan

Anonymous

Calories burned depends on your weight, the speed of the activity you are doing and the length of time you do the activity. Here is a site where you can easily figure it all out and you will have the answer to your question.

http://whatscoo  rieBurnChart.htm

I don't know how many calories, but jumping rope is a great exercise. You can vary the type of jump and the speed to your ability, and change things up to avoid boredom. It has the added feature being something that you can do indoors or out, so weather is not going to be a problem, and also a jumprope is a very inexpensive piece of equipment. You should likely have good shoes though, if you jump rope a lot, as it would be just as hard on your feet as jogging.

120 jumps in a minute is 2 per second so that is a pretty fast pace!!