BuyingComputers

Tips for Buying a Tablet

Any tips on buying a tablet?

There are many factors that you need to consider to get the right tablet for you. Are you going to use it for work, pleasure or both? Are you a gamer? You will need more memory. What operating system are you used to? How much do you want to spend?

Here is an excellent article on the subject: www.laptopmag.com/.../tablet-buying-guide

Get an amazon

Do you know what kind of tablet you want? I would window shop at an electronic store and maybe have a rep help you select what would best work for you.

Then you can go home and make notes of the ones you like. Research reviews and check for sales.

Make a list before you even look:
How much can you spend?
What will your primary use be? Reading? Games? Listening/Music? Study/School? Google Play Store? Typing word/
This will help you decide what type/size/weight/features/Size of drive/memory and can also help salespeople show you models that have those features.
I would suggest you go to more than one electronic store/department (Best Buy/Staples/Walmart/Target) and look at all the tablets until you find one or more that feels right to you. Then you can write down the brands/model numbers and price. Look on line at these stores as well as eBay, Amazon, Google and find the best prices.

Be sure to consider whether you will need a service plan (some stores charge very high fees for a service plan) before you buy.

I've always thought of my table as a just a big Smart Phone as I use it in about the same way unless I am reading.

Here is a tablet buying guide I just had my mother use recently. Give it a try:

www.amazon.com/.../332496?tag=thrif06-20