Tips for Cooking Vegetables

Tips and ideas for cooking vegetables. Post your ideas.

Answers:

Cooking Vegetables

This is how I cooked most veggies. I have a pan that came with my cookware that has holes in the bottom of the pan. It is a Steamer Pan. I place this pan in top of another pan that it fits into perfectly. I use this method for fresh veggies like cauliflower, squash, broccoli and also for steaming frozen veggies as well. Since I have discovered this method of cooking them, I really like it. This is a much better way of cooking veggies. Not only can you drain them well, they are better than cooked in the microwave or directly in water.

If you do not have a steamer pan, look for them where cookware is sold. A great item for the kitchen.
(04/15/2005)

Linda

Tips for Cooking Vegetables

I don't have a steamer pan, so I use my french fryer basket. It has a removable handle, so that I can fit it in my kettle, I saved 3 tomato sauce cans and set them in the bottom of the kettle, fill them with water and add water to cover about half the cans. Set the basket in and add your veggies. Cover and steam. It works like a charm.
(04/19/2005)

By Harlean from Arkansas