Tomatoes in Hanging Planters

I have just bought some "Tumbler" tomato plants for hanging baskets, for the first time. Do I still need to pinch out the side shoots in the same way as normal tomatoes? Also, as I've never grown these before I am concerned that the basket may not provide enough depth of compost and consequently whether they will get enough water. Does anyone have any experience or tips please for growing hanging tomatoes?

Fiona from UK

Answers:

Tomatoes in Hanging Planters

The suckers do need to be trimmed from the tomato whether it is in the ground, in a pot, or hanging upside down on your patio. These shoots will not produce fruit and will starve the main plant of vital nutrients. (06/16/2007)

By Adam

🎃
🎂
😷
🌻
📓
Generated 2020-09-14 18:15:38 in 980 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Tomatoes-in-Hanging-Planters-1.html