Topping Recipes for Fresh Fruit

Category Fruit
Complement your fresh fruit with a delicious homemade topping. This page contains topping recipes for fresh fruit.

Here is a yummy, quick, and easy topping for any type of fresh berries, including grapes, you might choose. Okay, cherries aren't berries but they also taste yummy with this topping; just make sure to pit them first.

I suggest using Yoplait yogurt because of its consistency and they have three tasty citrus flavors; Key Lime, Lemon Cream, and Orange Cream. If by chance the flavor is not quite citrusy enough for you, just mix in a teaspoon or so of the corresponding citrus zest. ;-)

• 4 oz. cream cheese, softened*
  • 6 oz. citrus flavored yogurt
  • 1 tsp. honey
  • 2 cups fresh berries

Directions:

Beat the cream cheese, yogurt, and honey with an electric mixer until blended and creamy.

*If you use the microwave method to soften the cream cheese, you might want to chill the topping mixture, covered, for a few minutes before serving. I generally do the cream cheese softening by hand while it is still cold by cutting into cubes, smashing well with a fork, and then stirring.

By Ann from Richland, WA

My mouth is watering! I have everything but the berries.

I am desperately looking around the house for something to pour it on haha :) Thanks, Deeli!

Looks yummy. I think I might try it with Mascarpone in place of the cream cheese (I'm in an Italian mood).

Come to think of it, this could be really good in a crepe.

Ok, that's it. I'm making crepes!