Training a Pit Bull Puppy Not to Bite

My three month old Pit Bull puppy won't quit biting. I want to teach him not to nibble or bite. Also what is the best way to potty train?

I have had rather good luck with this method of teaching my larger dogs not to bite. When the dog tries to bite or nibble on me, I take my hand and put it around his nose and mouth area. With my free hand, I slap my hand and not the dog. I tell the dog to not bite. Normally this takes me 3 times and the dog no longer nibbles or bites.

As for house training your dog you will need to establish a routine. After feeding the puppy in the morning wait 20 minutes. Afterwards, take the dog in the yard and tell him to go pee pee and poop. Praise the dog when he is good. Make sure he understands that his place to go to the toilet is outside and not inside your home. I wouldn't suggest using a dog pad in your home. Once you remove the dog pad the dog will try and go back to this area to pee and poop there. Watch the dog during the day. If the dog wakes up from a nap and starts smelling around for a place to pee or poop, take him out immediately.