Treating a Dog With Tapeworms

Category Health
Tapeworms are an intestinal parasite that your dog can become infested with by eating fleas that have the worm eggs in their bodies. This is a guide about treating a dog with tapeworms.

Is there a home remedy for a puppy that has a tape worm?

By teetee from north Ft Myers, FL

Answers

Best Answer

Diatomaceous Earth, MUST BE FOOD GRADE for intestinal worms. Do not use garden or pool grade diatomaceous earth as it has poisons in it. Feed and seed store usually carries it or order on the internet. Inexpensive. Effective. Not a poison. Sprinkle over food and intestinal worms are eliminated. Easy and dosage can be every day for awhile. Dosage not critical. Not a poison. An effective natural product. Small dogs/cats 1/4 teaspoon a day. Adjust as to size. Many benefits. Check internet. Use as a blessing. Puppies are born with roundworms. Tapeworms come from fleas. Eliminate fleas with dry 20 mule team borax in carpets. Read my previous posts on pet health. Puppy love is the beginning of a best friend.

Best Answer

Hello, I am sorry to tell you that there is not an over the counter medication to treat your pet for tapeworms. I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years. Please take a fecal sample to your Vet and have them check the sample for any parasites. There may be more than tapeworms. Good luck.

Can I administer the diatomaceous earth on ice cream, other than in his food, to my dog to cure tapeworms?

Answers

Best Answer

Yes, it should be okay so mix the correct amount of (food grade DE only) DE with the ice cream and try to be sure he cleans it up or give smaller amounts in 2 doses.

I have tape worms in my dogs. There is a mixture of things to make tape worm medicine. I have lost the recipe. I know you use fish medicine in it. Can anyone help me?

By Shelbie from Forest, LA

Answers

If you have actually seen the tapeworms in your dogs they are all infected and the only person who can diagnose the correct treatment/dosage is your veterinarian. In the best interest of the dogs hope this helps.

Tradewinds for Dogs is the best medicine for tapeworms It is over the counter. Also, there is safeguard for dogs and puppies, but it only treats the type of tapeworms that come from eating rodents and animals, and not the more commo type that comes from the pet ingesting fleas.

Tradewind is the best and you can find it at drsfosersmith.com...or at feed supply store. Sometimes you can find it at stores but not usually.

http://pet-supp  00&division=

For roundworms and such I use Nemex and have been very happy with it as well. The Nemex will get them all but not the tapes.

What home remedy can I give my dog to get rid of tapeworms?

By Amanda