Turkey Meatballs with Pasta
For a healthy alternative to regular meatballs start with ground turkey. This is a page about preparing turkey meatballs with pasta
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an inexpensive, delicious and healthier alternative (turkey) to feed a group of people. We used 2 packs of Jennie-O Ground Turkey and made 25 meatballs of a generous size, but you can totally make smaller meatballs (half the size) to make at least minimum 50 meatballs! Served with nan bread topped with minced garlic, basil, and shredded cheese. The ground turkey, pasta sauce and pasta were all on sale, so the whole meal was made at a savings.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour (including pasta & nan)
Yield: 4 to 8 people (or more depending on portion size)
- 2 lbs (2 packs) ground turkey
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 sauce containers (depending) spaghetti sauce
- 1-2 packs (depending on people) pasta
- dash of salt and pepper
- 2 tsp basil
- 3 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 mince cloves garlic
- 2 eggs
- nan bread
- olive oil
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey, minced garlic, eggs, bread crumbs, dash of salt and pepper, parsley, garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
- Line toaster oven pan with foil. Grease lightly with olive oil. Start forming your meatballs in your desired ball shape. 1" would be ideal, but I went with 2" balls.
- Preheat your toaster oven at 375°F degrees and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and ready.
- While the turkey meatballs are baking. You can make your pasta. To prevent pasta from sticking, add a little bit of olive oil and dash of salt. Follow directions per your pasta package.
- As the pasta is being prepared, I used nan bread to make garlic bread to pair with the pasta. In a bowl add a generous amount of olive oil, minced garlic about 2-3, and basil. Lightly brush on olive oil both sides.
- Using your choice of pasta sauce, heat in a pot then add the finished baked turkey meatballs and toss with pasta. Ready to serve.
- Add your toppings (I added shredded cheese that we had left over), and cook on griddle until your desired toast.