Unfamiliar Crochet Term

What does it mean to: sl st into first spc. Make beg. bobble, etc. I know it reads slip stitch into first (???). etc. How is this done? It is a child's purse, rated easy and I am a new crocheter.

Thank you for your help.

They do make it tough, right! I have been crocheting for years and sometimes patterns just baffle me.

So the answer is it depends.

If you are doing something called a spike cluster stitch (which I cannot imagine is in a beginner pattern) that is usually what that abbreviation means.

So you would slipstitch into the first spike cluster stitch.

Otherwise, what it means is in the first space (or stitch), you would slipstich into the first space of the row...slip stitches are often used to create a flat space, so if the photo shows this place in the pattern as flat (like a buttonhole, indentation, curve, etc.

that is probably what they want.

Can you take a picture of the pattern and finished product...maybe I can tell better from seeing it?

Hope it works for you!! Post back with the finished product!! Have fun with it!!

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated. And it did work out.

It means to slip stitch into the first space and make your first bobble in that space. After you finish the bobble, you will probably have to chain a few stitches. That will create a space when you advance to the next row.