Unique Clay Necklaces
Using air dry clay, a little paint, buttons, coins, stamps, or items from around the house and ribbon scraps you can make cute and unique necklaces.
Total Time: a hour plus drying time for clay
- air dry clay (Walmart)
- buttons, coins, twigs or any little pieces of old jewelry
- pan of watercolor or other paints like acrylic
- small straw
- small containers (check your recycle bin!) to form shapes
- optional, essential oils of your choice
- Shape your clay into various sized containers or just form the shape you'd like with your hands.
- Press jewelry, coins, twigs, or other items into the face of your pendent if desired. Punch holes in the piece (I use little sippy straws) to make holes to string it. Leave to dry according to your clay package instructions.
- Paint clay pieces with watercolor or acrylic paint.
Optional: I also added some essential oils to my pieces so they would offer a nice scent while wearing them.
- String the pendant with various ribbons or cord and you are ready to wear them!
- This is a fun summer project or even a birthday project for kids to enjoy. They can do all the steps and just bring it home to harden!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!